R.A. Apffel BEACH PARK (East Beach)
If you’re looking for a beautiful beach away from the sounds of the Seawall, then East Beach is your ultimate destination! Located at the far eastern tip of the island, East Beach is famous for its great views of the Gulf, the Galveston Bay Shipping Channel, East End Lagoon Nature Preserve and Big Reef.
The beach park is home to a pavilion, boardwalk and entertainment stage as well as restrooms, showers, chair and umbrella rentals, children's playground, concessions and other amenities. Unlike most of Galveston’s beaches, alcohol is permitted at East Beach.
|September 5 - November 5, 2023
|Monday - Thursday
|Friday - Sunday
|9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Park amenities close on November 6 until the start of the 2024 Season. Hours are subject to change without advance notice. Exceptions to standard dates and times can be made on a case-by-case basis for special events wishing to rent the pavilion or park grounds for a fee.
- Monday - Sunday during amenity operating hours
- Cash or Credit
- One time entry with each admission; No re-entry
- Unlimited Entry for only $50 with a year-long Seasonal Beach Parking Pass
Limited Free Parking:
- Owners of vehicles displaying plates or placards with the International Symbol of Access are exempt from parking fees at all Park Board operated parks.
- Vehicles with valid license plates displaying:
- Congressional Medal of Honor, Former Prisoner of War
- Pearl Harbor Survivor
- Purple Heart Recipient
- Legion of Valor (Air Force Cross, Distinguished Service Cross, Army Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross or Medal of Honor)
- Legion of Merit
- Entertainment Stage and Boardwalk
- Chair & Umbrella Rentals
- Alcohol Permitted
- Bird Sanctuary Located in Park
- Beach Wheelchairs Available (rental with a valid drivers license)
- Beach Supplies
- Food and Drinks
- Alcohol Available
Rent our pavilion during the winter season for your upcoming events! Contact our Park Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your special day today!
Exceptions to standard dates and times can be made on a case-by-case basis for special events wishing to rent the pavilion or park ground for a fee.
Making the Beach Experience Accessible to all!
- Glass Prohibited.
- Pets Permitted on Leashes.
- Clean Up After Your Pets.
- Beach Camping Prohibited 12 AM - 5 AM
- Open Fires Prohibited (BBQ Pits allowed)
- No Propane
- Stay Off Dunes
- Tents and Tarps Permitted in Designated Areas
- Launching boats permitted at the beach access point at the end of Apffel Road, west of park.
- Hard Bottom Craft (Surfboard, Kayaks, etc.) are Prohibited May 15th thru Labor Day (Permitted West of Park Year Round).
- Fishing Permitted from South Jetty and West of Park
- 4-Wheelers, ATV's, and Dirt Bikes are Prohibited
- The use of drones or radio mechanically operated devices in the beach parks or at the Beaches is strictly prohibited at all times; with the exception of The Park Board of Trustees and The City of Galveston.
Leave No Trace
To protect wildlife and to keep our beaches clean, the "Leave No Trace" ordinance is strictly enforced from Spring Break until Labor Day.
- The Leave No Trace ordinance (N. 19-017 Sec. 8-27) prohibits leaving items such as canopies and miscellaneous beach gear unattended between the hours of sunset and sunrise.