R.A. Apffel BEACH PARK (East Beach)
Located at the far eastern tip of the island, East Beach is famous for its great views of the Gulf, the Galveston Bay Shipping Channel, East End Lagoon Nature Preserve and Big Reef.
The beach park is home to a pavilion, boardwalk and entertainment stage as well as restrooms, showers, chair and umbrella rentals, children's playground, concessions and other amenities.
Unlike most of Galveston’s beaches, alcohol is permitted at East Beach.
Hours of Operation:
The Park remains open for your enjoyment. Please follow Beach Patrol's Safety Tips while at the beach and be aware of the Flag Warning System, used to advise beach patrons of the current water conditions and any applicable environmental warnings.
Rent our pavilion during the winter season for your upcoming events! Contact our Park Coordinator at email@example.com to reserve your special day today!
Exceptions to standard dates and times can be made on a case-by-case basis for special events wishing to rent the pavilion or park ground for a fee.
- Cash or Credit
- Monday thru Thursday: $12/vehicle
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Special Events & Holidays/Observed Holidays: $15/vehicle
- One time entry with each admission; No re-entry
- Unlimited Entry for only $50 with a year-long Seasonal Beach Parking Pass
- Entertainment Stage and Boardwalk
- Chair & Umbrella Rentals
- Alcohol Permitted
- Bird Sanctuary Located in Park
- Beach Wheelchairs Available (rental with a valid drivers license)
- Beach Supplies
- Food and Drinks
- Alcohol Available
Making the Beach Experience Accessible to all!
- Glass Prohibited
- Pets Permitted on Leashes
- Clean Up After Your Pets
- Beach Camping Prohibited 12am-5am
- Open Fires Prohibited (BBQ Pits allowed)
- No Propane
- Stay Off Dunes
- Tents and Tarps Permitted in Designated Areas
- Launching Boats Permitted at the beach access point at the end of Apffel Road, west of park
- Hard Bottom Craft (Surfboard, Kayaks, etc.) are Prohibited May 15th thru Labor Day (Permitted West of Park Year Round).
- Fishing Permitted from South Jetty and West of Park
- 4-Wheelers, ATV's, and Dirt Bikes are Prohibited
- The use of Drones or radio mechanically operated devices in the Beach Parks or at the Beaches is strictly prohibited at all times, unless specific written authority is granted by park management in conjunction with the Superintendent of parks where temporary permits may be obtained for a fee of $100 for a 2 hour minimum with the exception of The Park Board of Trustees and The City of Galveston.